If you are a person with disabilities/barriers to employment and eligible for our program, AWS will help you prepare for, find, and retain work in your field.
What is a barrier to employment?
- a circumstance or obstacle that keeps people apart or prevents communication or employability progress such as:
- A person with a disability,
- Age related barrier, having a hard time to find or keep a job,
- Out of work for awhile
To become an AWS client,
- you must be at least 16 years old,
- an Ontario resident, and be willing and legally able to work in Canada,
- You qualify for help if you have a disability or barrier that is expected to last a year, or more and that makes it hard for you to find or keep a job.
- You do not have to receive income benefits from the Ontario Disability Support Program in order to qualify for support.
AWS Client Intake Process
This is great opportunity for:
Access Work Service works closely with people with disabilities/barriers to employment to help them receive:
Pre-employment skills/Employability Education
First, we consider your individual interests, preferences, and skills. Then we market your strengths to service business owners or homeowner. All workers are covered under the Workplace Safety Insurance Board (WSIB). We handle the paperwork, assist with job coaching and can assist with transportation. Our Job Coaches/Developers provide liaison between business owners and people with disabilities/barriers. If you have a disability or barrier, we would love to have a meeting with you to discuss a potential plan of action. There are many resources available, and we can help guide you through the processes.
For more information on becoming an AWS client please contact us.